the driver.

my, speakers.
i encourage children to do bad things.

ink.

another lengthy addition...

it took me the LONGEST to think of a decent enough tattoo idea. i knew it'd be something music-related...though i was thinking of an instrument, or some tricked out music note. then it clicked, why not lyrics? the more i thought about it, the more i liked it. i likened it to be in the same vein of thought as those that tattoo scriptures on themselves, only i like the lyrics idea better. location-wise, i'm thinking upper arm. i'd put it on my forearm like most guys put scripture, but it's easier to cover up depending on the job i may have in the future. of course, if this music thing takes flight, all bets are off. i mean, i'm not gonna go all-out like lil wayne, but my arms will be noticeably covered. so anyhow, i've got the idea, and i've got the location. all i need now is the actual lyric, and therein lies the problem. it's not that i can't think of any good verses or lyrics, it's that i can think of too many. here are some candidates, a lot of which are from Fall Out Boy. that's mainly because one of the main reasons i listen to FOB is for the lyrics. but uh...yea, here:


"Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy, are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om"
-The Beatles, Across The Universe

"You see everybody is somebody
But nobody wants to be themselves
And if I ever wanted to understand me
I'd have to talk someone else
But every little bit helps"
-Gnarls Barkley, Who Cares?

"Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see..."
-The Beatles, Strawberry Fields Forever

"Hand over my heart, gun to my head,
I swear to god I'm through with this.
I am the worst liar I know.
It's not gossip if it's the truth,
Sick of always writing songs for you to slit your wrists to"
-Fall Out Boy, Hand of God

"Life's just the pacecar of death
only less diligent
and when the two collide
it's no coincidence
the lights are on and everybody's home

The only thing suicidal here is the door
We had a good run
even i have to admit
Life's just a pay stub on debt
Only less diligent"
-Fall Out Boy, She's My Winona

"Anywhere you sit you can see the sun,
Unfortunately on this island I'm the only one.
Same rules apply on a rainy day,
and it's not such a pretty place to be.
It just rains, and rains, and rains on me.
'Send a simple sign I can understand'*
Then a flower grew out that sand.
Before you knew it, I was back out on that sea.
Now I don't mind it so much,
Because as long as I'm not there
Anywhere is St. Elsewhere"
-Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere
*i altered this line because, hell, it's going on my arm. potentially.

"Music Is My Religion"
-Jimi Hendrix, from an interview.

"Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore. 
Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay."
-M.L. McCoy as "JoJo" in Across The Universe.

"Go spin the circles for me, wound relentlessly around the words we used to sling.
O, such torturous things, always chewing up the only ones I ever mean.
If you're going then go."
-Panic at the Disco, From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists intact is to realize two outta three ain’t bad."
-Fall Out Boy, I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me + You)

"I'm a stitch away from making it,
and a scar away from falling apart.
Blood cells pixelate and eyes dilate.
Kiss away young kills and thrills 
on the mouths of all my friends."
-Fall Out Boy, The (After) Life of the Party
the gray part of the quote is a 'maybe' addition. i mean, it's part of the song, i just can't decide if i really want it or not.

"Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?"
-Fall Out Boy, song title

there are more that i could've added, and may add later, but i'll work on weeding this down first. all of these are quotes that i- (A)love, (B)could live with forever, and (C)have special meaning for. a few of these are likely to be selected over the following years, i just can't decide which i want now. i'm thinking either the first one (Across The Universe), or the one by M.L. McCoy as 'JoJo'. depending on price, i may get it next week. we'll see.

in other news...

i want some cakesters. rice milk or not...i'm goin in on some. gotta finish watching A Clockwork Orange as well. also, ART SUPPLIES ARE FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!! i mean, FUCK man...

eh, i'll talk about it later. i tire of this screen.

outty.

[werd].

0 responses: