the driver.

my, speakers.
i encourage children to do bad things.

actor. (plural where applicable)

i am an actor. the various phases and faces of myself are nothing more than interchangeable masks, donned for the public eye. within each mask lies a facet of myself: sometimes positive, sometimes negative, often indescribable. it is on a rare occasion that you'll find me mask-less, naked to the public. bare-bones truth is scary. i know. i've seen mirrors. i've stood in front of one and, over the course of an hour, witnessed my mind's removal and placement of said masks. though subtle to the naked eye, the mind's eye records dire changes. the likes of doctor jekyll and mr. hyde. i've seen my eyes dim, turning an increasingly darker shade of brown until there was barely a shade's difference between that and black. i've felt the blood rush from the skin below my eyes, darkening to resemble what would appear to be sleep deprivation. though not blatantly obvious, people seem to notice the changes. they notice my dialect go from the typical subpar teenage colloquialisms to the well-versed, rennaisance-like elevated language. i think that my masks are a key part of the reason that i have such a good rapport with so many different kinds of people. i'm many different kinds of people. though i like to claim a subtle case of schizophrenia in public forums, i don't see that as the case at all. "a crazy person doesn't know they're crazy" right? i think so.
and so do i.

0 responses:

history.