the driver.

my, speakers.
i encourage children to do bad things.

seems like, street lights...

close your eyes and imagine...

i'm sitting in my window, slightly opened to hear the rain better, looking at a beautiful gray sky in multiple shades of gray. next to me is my trusty stereo, set low but with the bass on max, listening to Kanye West's Street Lights and feeling unparalleled comfort. the rain plus the music is almost enough to put you to sleep, but that's where the bass comes in. it thumps just loud enough to keep you over the edge of consciousness.

it's night now...can't see the sky but i can still hear the rain and see the water refracting the orange glow of a nearby street light.

and it seems like,
street lights, glowing,
happen to be just like moments, passing,
in front of me.
so i hopped in, the cab and, i paid my fare
see i know my destination, but i'm just not there
in the streets...in the streets...
i'm just not there in the streets...
i'm just not there...life's just not fair
life's just not fair...

1 responses:

kmx. said...

This is like something out of a dream. I freaking love Kanye's album. Street Lights is one of my fav trackss. You have a way with words, this post made me feel relaxed instantly!! Listening to the song while reading the post must've been it. Either way it was smoovee.