the driver.

my, speakers.
i encourage children to do bad things.

Flashing Lights, are They Getting Brighter?

  • That's a metaphor, by the way.
  • I've been recording a lot lately. I've got two collabs done for the DatPiff Volume 7 Mixtape: 'Cannon' (my verse is FUEGO!), and 'Certified' (which, is more like a slow burn, still hot though).
  • There's also this track I did dedicated to my father, simply titled 'For My Pops'. It's recorded over the 'Don'tgetit' instrumental by Lil Wayne. I like it cuz the Nina Simone sample was really soulful. Recording that song was harder than I thought it'd be, and you can even hear me choking up on the last verse (didn't cry though, I got my control back).
  • I also did another verse over the A Milli beat, which I regret not putting over a different instrumental because A Milli is SOOOOO played. Over 30 rappers have jumped on it, and that's just mainstream. You wanna include underground artists like me that attacked the beat multiple times? JE-SUS.
  • Haha, so yea I've got all of that, then there's my first single off of my upcoming mixtape, True Magic 2, called 'The Undeniable Truth'. True Magic 2 is, simply put, me doing verses over Mos Def instrumentals...mostly. It's due this winter (i'm thinking around my b-day) and it's gonna be HOT.
  • My cousin ChuckRay just did a freestyle over the Can't Be Life beat too and it's pretty hot so we'll probably collaborate soon too.
  • I still haven't collaborated with my other cousin, Chris (who actually inspired me to write, albeit indirectly), so hopefully that'll happen soon.
  • Along with all of this I'm still searching for a studio to record in (for cheap). When you drop verses with an HP Photosmart, people notice.
  • I've got to start promoting myself more. I've got talent, and the people who hear my stuff like it. It's just a matter of me putting myself out there which I don't try hard enough to do. Lol, I'm gonna start whoring myself on myspace again, which I despise personally.
OK I'm done with this entry, time to get to writing again. Time waits for no man.

OUTTY 5000!!!!!!!

1 responses:

aeriin said...

good to hear ur really working on ur music.. u do have a talent.. sheesh i needa get back on mines hahaha